Main Image

Main Image
LIVING WITH OUR MISTAKES

Today I found one whenu in a place where it wasn't supposed to be!  How annoying for a perfectionist.  Immediately I was looking for places I could tuck it in so it wouldn't be noticed but then I stopped myself.  Here is the life lesson . . . things happen that we wish hadn't.  There's no going back.  We cannot change the things of the past but we can choose how we live with those things. And so I have left the whenu out on its own - behind one of the plaits - to remind me that no one is perfect and we have a choice about what we do with the things we might label as mistakes.  In a few rows it will be added back in where it should be, but you will always be able to see where it departed from the plan.  I will certainly be more attentive now in my counting and checking . . . it's a good thing to have happened.