Main Image

Main Image

FINISHED

What a strange feeling to be finally finished.  I keep looking at my muka bodice, feeling a mixture of relief, surprise and delight.  I actually did it!  I am so pleased with the finished result even though it is very different from what I first planned.  And what a huge amount I have learnt.  About weaving and about myself.  The last four hours of work on it were spent retying the knots along the bottom of the bodice and the bottom of the collar and trimming them off so they were even.  I love paying attention to detail - it is so rewarding for me!  I think this is probably one of my strongest points, that I like to think things through and believe it is all the small things that add up to make the overall picture.  I will not hesitate to pull something undone and redo it if it is not working.  Similarly if the foundations are not right, then we cannot expect to produce anything of a high standard. For me this is about the preparation of the materials, taking care with the work and giving it my best shot.  This journey has been amazing and I am so grateful for the opportunity to work alongside other weavers, to be inspired by them and to learn from them and to ultimately produce a piece of work that I am absolutely thrilled with.  Thank you for sharing this journey with me.


www.raewynhildreth.co.nz